Monday, May 29, 2006

Look! an (almost) finished quilt



Since this is such a rare occasion...nearly finishing a quilt...I decided I better hurry up and get it posted before something else catches my eye and makes me forget that it was on the list of things to do. This is the "throw/wall" quilt that I made using the sample tins from Moda for 3 Sisters Seaside Cottage and maybe Paris Flea Market. I usually pick up a couple of the tins that Moda puts out with pinked samples of all the fabrics in the line. And this is how I answered, "Now, what do I do with these?" Since they were already cut in nice squares, I made up my own pattern so that I could use the entire square. With a little help from Hancock's of Paducah, I added borders and a pieced backing. Now...all I have to do is finish the binding. I can do that, right?

And, since she hasn't appeared recently, here's a picture of my faithful hound and quilting companion Darcy. She's almost as loyal as the talking dogs of Narnia. I think I'm glad she doesn't talk because sometimes the looks she gives come in loud and clear enough! This look is pretty happy, though.

No comments: