Friday, October 27, 2006

2006 Quilt Market Booth, After

So, I started with an agenda for Thursday. On Friday, things started to blur and Saturday is just one large blob, so the agenda's going to fall apart. Here's what I can do for Friday. This is a long one. Grab a snack.

Friday:



7:00 a.m.-meet for breakfast, then walk to the convention center.
7:45-8:00-stand around, waiting to be let into the convention center.

8:00-2:00-finish set up, climb in and out of the crates a few more times, continue to panic about the posters that the designer is expecting, make rash promises that said posters are coming soon (but then, they turn out to be sound promises, so it all works out in the end). Stop to talk to other designers, looking and smelling like a curly haired crate climber. Still, the booth looks great in the end.

2:00-4:00 p.m.-run to Kinkos to make copies, run to the Hilton to try to get a cab back to the Hyatt, find a mean cab driver who calls someone, while we're actually in the back seat, to complain about getting a bad trip. Scarf up lunch, run upstairs to make myself presentable...in 30 minutes or less. Believe me, presentable takes me longer than 30 minutes but I showered, dried, straightened, made up, sprayed, spritzed, and ironed. On time.








4:30 p.m.-meet Joan Hawley, the Lazy Girl herself, in the hallway for her schoolhouse at 4:50. And the crowd's building...huge turnout! Very successful, and Joan did a great job of selling her publication and the Exclusively You product. It was really exciting to work with such great people (Joan and my entourage, Kelly and Cheryl). The place was packed, standing room only, and I was walking over people to move around to get my pitiful shots. Still, here they are. (Sorry, Joan, I should have had one of the entourage take pictures, but they would have had to swing from the ceiling to do it, I think.)

5:30 p.m.-race over to the Hilton to tape our first quiltmercial for Quilters News Network. It's hard to say how much fun this was...but it was. I want to do it again. That much fun. I'm not sure how I'll feel when I see my cheesy-ness on the actual quiltmercial. I'll have to get back to you on that.

7ish- take stuff back to the booth, make some minor changes.
Who knows what time-make it to Josephine's for some excellent Italian. Walk back to the hotel at 9-ish along with the marchers.

No comments: