Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back to work


Vacation time is a funny thing. Around December 15, the idea of taking off from December 21 to January 2 seemed like a looooong time to vacate, relax, and be happy. And it was, but it just disappeared. I managed to fill it up with busy-ness. Now, I've managed to make it through my accumulated e-mail and all I have to do is remember why I'm here, what we do, and when it needs to be done. Takes a little while to get back in the swing of things!

Yesterday I did some housecleaning. Seemed poetic to start off the new year with a clean house. Uh, I didn't actually make it, but two rooms is a good effort, right? I don't usually make formal resolutions (because I don't keep them, either), but I'd love to have some creative ones. You won't find anything about saving money, because I know me and that would just be a serious waste of letters. Here's what I'm thinking so far...
1. I want to find JOY in 2007. I want to remember and focus on what my purpose is. I want to reconnect. I actually made it back to church this weekend, and I
realize how disconnected I've been. I've majored on the small stuff as a protection, but I know that there's no joy there.
Corollary to #1: I'm going to make a new blog for my sermons, and I'll just preach to myself!
2. Back to work also means back to the dang diet, filled with dang salads, and a dang treadmill. I was sick when I got on the scale this morning. I wouldn't suggest a
shock like that first thing in the morning if you can avoid it. However, it worked. I've been scared straight. So while I'm dreaming big, I'm thinking 40 pounds by the end of April, but don't anybody remind me of it. I will be hungry. You won't like me when I'm hungry/angry.
3. I'm going to buy more shoes. Do all resolutions have to be serious? Since my record is about 4 pairs per year, this one should be easy to keep!

No comments: