Monday, February 26, 2007

Doing my homework


Over the weekend, I had a chance to catch up, catch my breath from all the work stuff and globetrotting I've been doing. It was a good feeling to survey my de-dog haired living room even though I know it shall never last. The other fun thing I did was do my photography class homework. I actually had 2 weeks to ponder over it and used up nearly every minute.





The assignment: Take a picture using the correct ISO and shutter speed to turn in. Since both of those have to do with capturing motion or stopping motion, I figured I needed an action shot. Hence, the pondering. Anyway, after I cleaned and the storms blew over, I was hungry. Many of my best stories start that way..."I was hungry." On the way to Wal-Mart for groceries, I stopped at a park to try to get a merry-go-round. There was no merry-go-round, so I played with the swings instead. See, the top one has the right shutter speed, a fast one to stop motion. The bottom one has a slow shutter speed to capture motion. The one on the left is moving while the one of the right is perfectly still. Cool, right? That's just how artsy I am.











Then, for some reason, I decided to go by the county courthouse. I just wanted to make a pretty picture. Then...I parked in front of the flags. And I had an "Ah-hah!" moment...the flags were blowing all over the place...an action shot! So, I took one, the first shot above. Then I determined, after I made it home and looked at the shot on my computer, that it's over exposed. I did that somehow in Minneapolis and so I had to figure out how to undo it. I did and I went back on Sunday, with Darcy in tow, but the cool clouds were gone. Still, I think these are nice shots. They don't have to be the best picture ever made for my first homework assignment, right? I'll save that for the next assignment...aperture. I can't wait to see the glossy shot. I think. I might hang my head in shame, but right now I'm still optimistic. The first shot is the one I turned in. See, it's a little too bright. These others I took on Sunday, but I like them too. Oh, and I haven't done any refining to these shots...no photoshop allowed.

And here are a few free shots. What post is complete without a picture of Darcy?



No comments: