Thursday, May 03, 2007

On our way to Dublin

Leftover from yesterday...info on Ross Castle.
This Castle may be considered a typical example of the stronghold of an Irish Chieftain during the Middle Ages. The date of its foundation is uncertain but it was probably built in the late 15th century by one of the ODonoghue Ross chieftains. It is surrounded by a fortified bawn, its curtain walls defended by circular flanking towers, two of which remain.

And a shot of me as a weird bag lady...Blarney Woolen Mills is like Wal-Mart in one way...in less than an hour, I can spend #300 and walk out of there with one bag.


We left Killarney and stopped in Youghal (say it like you know how...y'all) where they filmed Moby Dick. And then on to Waterford. The Waterford tour was very interesting...and i wanted to buy some...and then I saw the price in Euros...which I converted to Dollars in my head...and I bought an extremely small piece...just for fun.

No comments: