Sunday, November 25, 2007

Movie Marathon


I managed to stay out of trouble for the rest of the long weekend mainly by occupying myself with knitting and movies. It's really not a bad way to go, especially when the weather outside is frightful and not in a good, snowy way but in a cold drippy way. So I rented movies. First I watched Evan Almighty. I really wanted to love this one because I'm a Steve Carell fan from the old days of Produce Pete on the Daily Show. And it was good. Not great, but good. And I have a new favorite line..."Is that a llama with a hammer?" It sort of fits up there with "Nobody puts Baby in a corner" and "I'm going to cut your heart out with a spoon"...they aren't easy to work into conversation but they're very easy to remember.
I also watched Live Free or Die Hard. Best part of that movie...Bruce Willis. Totally unbelievable and yet, strangely compelling. Thank you very much, Bruce Willis. Best quote (other than the famous one everyone knows) was "That's going to wake the neighbors."
And then I watched Hairspray. Loved. It. Really. I enjoyed almost all of it. John Travolta/Edna creeped me out a little. But not anymore than Divine in the first movie with Ricki Lake. John Waters just has to creep you out somehow, right? Great message, good music, very cool Queen Latifah as Motormouth Maybelle, and a happy ending. What's not to like?

Oh, yeah, this one had a good quote too...If we get any more white people in here, this is gonna be a suburb.

No comments: