Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The JC Penney Commercial



I can't decide how old the Breakfast Club/JC Penney commercial makes me. Knowing full well that the kids depicted in the commercial can have no real idea about the Breakfast Club makes me believe that this is targeted to their parents. And that makes me really old.

Of course, I also know that Shermer High School and Shermer, Illinois are fictional, thanks to Jay and Silent Bob...so how old does that make me? Or maybe just how weird does that make me? As finding a G-rated clip feature Jay would be impossible, I will provide no video here. If you know who they are, you know what I mean. If you don't, good for you.

2 comments:

SSK* said...

OMG! - my sister and I were just talking about this! She figured that my teenagers didn't know about the B'fast Club. I asked them, and they DO know! But that just means that I am right that they spend way too much time in front of the TV.

Anonymous said...

"There IS no Shermer in Illi-noise!!" Love that line.

That commercial is just so wrong. We're not allowed to be that old.