Friday, December 19, 2008

What I did on my snow day...



We had our first snow/ice day here this week. That's early, but I made good use of the extra time. By about 10:30, I was getting a little cabin fever and by about 6:00 the fever had grown into "wrapping" rage. Happily, I did manage to get all my co-workers' gifts (such as they are) taken care of. I think the wrapping was the best part.

And I decided to give my fudge skills a boost in time for the grand finale on Christmas. It's the right consistency (although I clearly have trouble with the pouring into the pan), but it's just a little bit...not quite perfect. One more shot...I'll either succeed with flying colors or crash and burn.

I love snow days, but next time I'd like to be a little better prepared. My grocery situation was apalling, but I had the most imporant ingredient to happiness: Diet Coke.

No comments: