Monday, February 16, 2009

My Valentine

Against my better judgement, I decided to take Darcy to Petco this weekend to get her picture made. I did this when she was just a puppy with Santa. I didn't think this one through clearly enough. Santa was able to hold her and be in the shot in a way that made...sense. For a Valentine...there was no one to hold her down but me. So, yes, I'm a crazy dog mom. And I take better pictures of her than this one, but as she was already beautified and we were there, I had her picture made anyway. With me holding her.

And there were some interesting types there. First, I watched a very small gentleman who must be named something like Gunther keep his pretty black lab at perfect attention off the leash for a photo. To do so, he barked...Sit...stay...No. And when he spoke to me, he shouted, "Tight lead! Tight lead!" I guess Darcy, with her bright shiny eyes and wagging tail looked dangerous. But Gunther was nearly normal (if I am the "normal" standard which I never claimed to be but, well, I think I might have been in this group.)


The others in front of me...3 generations, 2 of which were Yorkie owners. And everyone was decked out in Valentine's finery, especially the dogs Princess and Prissy. And there was a boy dog (judging by his outfit) but no one paid much attention to him. Daughter was in her special "going out" shirt and Mom had on a hot pink t-shirt proudly proclaiming that it came from Branson, MO. Grandma looked like she really just wanted to get the heck out of Petco. So they posed separately and then they had a family photo made, before placing the dogs back in their special pink baby stroller.

I can't make this up.

Since the photo includes me and the quality is bad, I decided to mess with/pose Darcy to see if I could come up with something better. Next time, we're going to skip this and head straight to the park. Neither one of us is girly enough for this.

No comments: