Friday, June 26, 2009

One sparkly glove, please

So, I had to do it. If you'd like to skip a trip back to the 80s when videos and Michael Jackson were cool, come back Monday. Thriller was a big part of my preteen years and it makes me very aware of my age to hear that Michael Jackson is dead. And that he was 50 years old. To me, Michael and I are still singing Billie Jean, Beat It, Wanna Be Startin Something. It's 1983 or 1984. He's wearing his sparkly glove and mine are lacy with the fingers cut off. I couldn't find a video for "Billie Jean" to embed but here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En-cHBv7UpA

Happily, I did find "We Are the World" to post. This was the first ever song I bought and I could sing it word for word, complete with impressions. So there.





The Wiki entry:
"We Are the World" is a 1985 song written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, produced and conducted by Quincy Jones and recorded by a supergroup of popular musicians billed as USA for Africa. The recording session in January 1985 was held during and after the American Music Awards. Michael Jackson skipped the American Music Awards ceremony that night to record the chorus of the song as a guide to the other artists. The artists who performed on "We Are the World" arrived in-studio from limousines (as most of them had participated in the American Music Awards) - except Bruce Springsteen, who arrived driving a pickup truck.

No comments: