Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Blizzard 2010

I know some people had some real snow recently, but let me tell you...for Benton, Arkansas (on the normally "cold icky rain" lower 1/3 of the state borderline) this is some real snow. Big, fat flakes that fell and fell and fell. And now something is seriously dripping off the roof but it doesn't appear to be snow because there's still so much up there. Ok, so it's no two feet but it's way more than enough to shut this place down. Today (writing on Monday for Tuesday, OK?) I have managed to
1. make pancakes.
2. check and answer work email to the best of my ability without a single note because this snow storm hit me out of the blue. My Diet Coke preparedness is pure luck this time but it is holding. I have no backup brownie mix.I had a scary moment touching the bottom of the Milkbone box because while I would probably just tough out my lack of Diet Cokes and junk food, Princess Darcy must have her Milkbones. It's OK. I found another box. I know you were worried.
3. Try not to think about calling in to Pat's show while I cut up fabrics with a rotary cutter. It's a miracle I still have all my fingers.
4. Call in to Pat's show. I have no idea what I said. I hope it made sense.
5. Watch the PBS Emma that I've been saving. And try not to eat an entire bag of Cheetos. At least they're the baked version. Nervous eating...cause what the heck did I say?  Eat a Cheeto to forget...

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

I listened to your interview with Pat Sloan tonight and enjoyed it very much. When I checked your blog for the first time tonight, I found out that you like Jane Austen! Yay!!! I love watching the movies BBC made of her book, but Pride & Prejudice is my all time favorite. I think I will have to watch it again soon.

TheQuiltedFrog said...

I finished listening to you on Pat's radio show this morning on my way in to work--you did a GREAT job! I felt like you were sitting right beside me chatting along. I loved your story of how you "grew up" in the ranks at Leisure Arts. I also understand about a place closing down with very little snow--I live in Augusta, GA and it seems if even the WORD snow is mentioned the city panics! LOL

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

You did not sound nervous at all! And everything made sense, even the funny stuff. :-)