Monday, March 29, 2010

Thank you, Netflix

Just when I thought it couldn't get any  better than someone mailing me a movie every week, it does. I haven't been doing much of the "watch instantly" over at the Netflix because watching movies on my laptop seems like something I do in emergencies...like when I need to catch up on the last season of Lost before it comes back on. It works but it's hard to do much else.

And hooking my laptop up to the television...I know some people can do it. I'm just not sure I have the mental fortitude to get all the cables in the right spot. I might end up with a t.v. with a foot-shaped hole in it. That's how I assemble things: it's all fun until I lose my temper and someone gets hurt. And that someone is always me.

But Netflix saves the day! I noticed that they were listing other players, namely the Wii. I have a Wii. It was going to be the answer to all my fitness problems. One look at me currently shows that this was faulty thinking. Now I have another reason to love my Wii: I watched all the episodes of The Office that I've missed and a movie this weekend...all on the Wii. And it was simple, simple, simple. Just put the DVD-like disc in, put a code in at the website and there's my watch instantly queue.

It was all I could do to tear myself away from the new/old toy. So, if you have Netflix and a gaming system (because Wii wasn't the only one listed) and you find it much easier to lounge (or knit but mostly lounge) in front of the television than a laptop, you should definitely give it a try. No gaming system? I don't understand...

I'll tell you what I watched tomorrow. I surprised myself.

No comments: