Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Movies in the Mail: Sherlock Holmes

I finally remembered to get my last movie back in the mail to the Netflix and they were kind enough to send me Sherlock Holmes in time to enjoy it this weekend. I was really looking forward to it.
And I thought it was just OK. What did you think?

Here's my problem: I couldn't understand what either Holmes or Watson said most of the time. And I think my neighbors were enjoying it along with me because I had the volume cranked up. Really, I think it was the speed of speech, not the volume. I didn't have trouble with the girl or the bad guy, so there.

And I fast forwarded through the fight scenes. I've been doing that a lot lately. Maybe I'm becoming more delicate in my old age.

Still, I would watch Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes (and even as Iron Man because it's RDJ) even if I never hear a word he says and fast forward through the beatings and also the crazy, crime-solving hazes (and this is a poster that needs to hang on a wall somewhere, people...I totally understand the appeal). And I guess that's a good thing since the internets say Sherlock Holmes 2 is coming soon.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I have a problem with understanding what people are saying in movies quite a bit so I use the "closed caption" It really helps