Monday, June 28, 2010

Hi, I'm Cheryl. We've met, but it's been a while.

Remember when I used to post blog entries here? I know, it's been a while! I've been worried about/concerned about/obsessed with/planning for my first hospital adventure complete with all-inclusive overnight stay. I had a procedure to address symptomatic fibroids (UFE) that is supposed to make my life better. On Wednesday afternoon, I wasn't really sure. After the 6 hours of not being able to move my leg, at 8:05 p.m., I bent it and sat up and felt like I would live. And that's always a good thing. I stayed overnight in the hospital by myself which was OK for me since I wasn't sick. I wouldn't suggest it for sick people.


And since then I've been an immovable object, stuck firmly to my couch. I've answered the phone a lot. I flipped channels some. I slept most of 2 days. And get this, I've had NO APPETITE. I know, I can't believe it myself! It's sort of great, although different enough to be slightly concerning. With the idea that sick people should eat what they want, I carefully laid in supplies of junk food. They're all still here: candy bars, ice cream, cookies, chips. I've eaten part of the casseroles friends sent because I "should", I've eaten the stuff my family brought because I "ought to", and I've eaten all the fruit in my house. It must be the drugs. Medicine head and stomach make pizza less attractive. On Wednesday, I imagine I'll eat everything in the house.

I thought I'd bounce right back. I have not, but I feel the turnaround beginning.

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

I hope Darcy is taking her nursing duties seriously. ;) Hope you mend quickly.