Friday, February 25, 2011

A new project

I finally got around to looking for a good wedding/new home gift. I think I'm going to go with something from this United in God's Love, not so much because it's perfect because I think I want to make a change or two, but because I believe this was the second leaflet I did here at Leisure Arts. It was mine, not another cross stitch writer that I helped with. And it was in the days before we had our names listed so you'll just have to take my word for it. If you're doing the math, the year was 1996 and this one's still available so that's a pretty good life. (And if you're doing the math, just stop. I was only a child when I walked in the door here. Really.) This should be pretty quick to do (a bonus as the clock is ticking) and I like the sentiments, especially since it's a gift.


The other one I pulled was Linda Calhoun's Heirloom Sampler Favorites, which is a collection of designs from different places. It has specialty stitches which might be nice, but lacks the sentimental value.

Now then, all I have to do is find a store still selling floss or change to sampler/overdyed threads (I think I might go with this choice) and some nice fabric and a few beads. Oh, yeah, and stitch it.  No problem.

No comments: