Thursday, April 13, 2006

Take Me out to the Ballgame...



I'm just now recovering from spending most of the weekend in various ballparks around the central Arkansas area. I'm a baseball junkie and I don't think there's a support group to help! Luckily, I'm related to other junkies, so I'm not alone in my habit. We take up large sections of fence at each ballgame.



I have 2 nephews (smart, good looking, athletic,...) who play a sport for every season. I'll watch them all, but baseball is my favorite. I like the weather, I understand the game, they're good at it, and I can jump up and down and yell like a maniac. It's the perfect way to spend a weekend!
Right now, they're both playing on 2 teams (2 x 2=4 teams total). Sometimes we watch league games and sometimes we watch tournament games, and sometimes we watch both...at the same time, if we can figure out how to do it.
I moved to be closer to my brother's family because I enjoy these things so much and without a little bruiser of my own, I have to live vicariously through them. The bonus is that I can choose to live my own life if I'm all baseball-ed out.

The results are that one nephew is playing in a championship game tonight, the other won second place in the tournament that he was in this weekend, and is still playing in another. Confusing? Yes, but still fun.

Here's a picture of my brother having a friendly chat with the umpire. Wouldn't you hate to see it get unfriendly?

No comments: