Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ability to recognize ability...


Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. Vince Lombardi

There is something that is much more scarce, something rarer than ability. It is the ability to recognize ability. Robert Half

I just started a Bible study called "Woman on a Mission." Somehow...I ended up having to teach/lead/facilitate the first lesson. (Some people achieve Bible studies...others have Bible studies thrust upon them. Winston Churchill said something like that, maybe it was greatness. I'm not too sure. I must be in a quote-y sort of mood today).

Anyway...as a part of the lesson, you're supposed to make a list of things you're good at. How hard could that be? For some of us, it's not too easy. I could make you a long list of things I'm not good at quickly, easily, and fill the page without much effort. Things I'm good at...I have to think, think, think on. What about you? Do you know what you're good at?

I can't show you my list because I'm pretty sure I should be embarrassed, either by how short it is or what my talents are, but one that has come up recently (Friday night, Arbonne home party, you know who you are) is that I can do pretty OK with the trivia...lots of trivia...on the tip of my tongue! Hey, I don't know how God's gonna use something like knowing Phoebe's "real" name, but I gotta add it to the list. I need all the help I can get! So far, I've won a facial...I'm thinking Jeopardy is next.

No comments: