Friday, August 11, 2006

You know how...



You know how, sometimes, when you wake up, there's a song running through your head? Apparently, there's a name for this-"brain itch" or "earworms". Usually, it's one of those annoying things that stays with me all day and I have no real idea how it got there. Today, I'm being bothered by:

Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust

Fortunately, I do understand where it's coming from...it's truly appropriate today. Last night was the end of my penultimate (next-to-last) class to get my MBA. Yes! It featured a stunning crash and burn by one of my group members (not me, thankfully), but it's O-V-E-R! I never like to speak in front of groups, but now that I've seen how bad it can be, I think I might be pretty good at it.

We did our presentations (a "Fun" event for the Columbus Chamber of Commerce...featuring the spectacular Georgia peach), and then we got to talk to advertising folks at Mangan Holcomb. I'm loving the whole field trip concept. Their offices are overlooking the Arkansas River (on top of Brave New Restaurant, where I went recently with some Very Important People) and they look just like a real advertising agency. This is a photo of their building-2nd floor-and they only have to punch in a code in the elevator...no badges to get in. Something I'm going to look for if I ever need another job...badges and I do not get along.

No comments: