Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Diet is a 4-letter word.


Diet...it doesn't even sound nice, does it? Don't you just hate it when you're not on a diet but you have this one friend who always is...and talks about it too much. Well, since I'm the friend, I can tell you she ain't too happy about it either. It's just a case of misery loving company.

I'm dreading our weigh-in tomorrow already. Usually that doesn't kick in until about 8:15 when I'm about to step on a scale...with someone else watching. Gulp. Pretty sure it's going to be bad news, so I choose to laugh in the face of adversity today. Or...at least distract myself from the Peanut M&M's I hear calling me from the vending machine a whole floor away.

And doesn't it just figure that the word of the day would be "gargantuan"? It's enough to give a girl a complex.

Avoid any diet that discourages the use of hot fudge. ~Don Kardong

If I had been around when Rubens was painting, I would have been revered as a fabulous model. Kate Moss? Well, she would have been the paintbrush. ~Dawn French

I'm not overweight. I'm just nine inches too short. ~Shelley Winters

I've been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I've lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet. ~Erma Bombeck

When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad. ~Janette Barber

No comments: