Friday, November 24, 2006

Distraction

100_0458
100_0459
For months now, I've been thinking about trading in my Jeep for a new car. I've been going back and forth between sensible and getting what I want. Sensible was winning because I didn't really know about anything that I wanted. My brother, who is my financial advisor (dangerous, really, if you think about it), said in an offhand manner, "You should really think about getting a Pontiac Solstice." Having no idea what that was, I just shrugged and went on.

I checked it out and decided that, while it didn't really make great financial sense, at least I had something now on the "get what I want" side of the argument. When everything fell apart this summer, I just put it all on the back burner. Now, as I only have 999,999,999 things to worry about, I decided to move it back to the front (taking the place of the rock solid peanut butter fudge). So today, I actually drove a Pontiac Solstice. IF you don't know anything about these, they're 2-seat convertibles and they're tough to come by. I had to wait for an automatic to come in to take one for a drive. The dealership only had one. Now they have two. Silver wasn't what I wanted, but it sure does look nice sitting in my driveway, doesn't it? So now, the hard part...deciding the winner of the argument. And everyone points out my age as a factor in favor of getting the convertible. I thought I had to be sensible at 33, but apparently my time is running out on "getting what I want" so I better make good use of my remaining convertible driving years. That's really depressing if you think about it, so I'm just going to remember the "wind in my hair" sensation.

No comments: