Friday, December 08, 2006

A (very) few decorations


I'm having some trouble getting my Christmas on at my house. I did manage to get the tree up and decorated this week, while watching my first Razorback basketball game of the season. (Yes, it's beginning.) It's a little pitiful because I've only been putting up a teeny tiny tree since I've been all on my own, but this year, because I'm hosting the Johnson Christmas Extravaganza (something that takes this much work should have an inspiring name), I needed a bigger tree. I put up my mom's tree, but I didn't want to use the same decorations. I meant to go buy some great new stuff, but the car took up my window of opportunity, and I now I'm all out of the mood. So...I made do, I got creative, I used weird decorations...and I like it.

I'm going to go a little decoration-lite on the rest of the house, too. My friends can tell you that I have some serious Christmas decorations to hang in my new house, but with the "everything else" that's going on in my world right now, decoration-lite works better. I'll make up for lost time next year.

Here's me, trying to be all artsy and get a light shot of my tree. Mostly, it's just blurs. I did manage to fix the weird cord and jutting branches after I saw the photo. Darcy, the Christmas pup, is unimpressed by the display.








If you thought the inside's bad, here's a picture of the outside. When I see this, a song runs through my head...(sing this like Sting)"Rox-anne, you don't have to put on the red light, Those days are over, You don't have to sell your body to the night". Why Christmas decorations make me sing that...I just shrug my shoulders. Just another example of my kooky-ness.

No comments: