Thursday, December 07, 2006

Crazy, but fun

That's what they call me...crazy but fun. Actually, it's just a description of what's going on around here...more designing, more fabric shopping, more planning, more of everything than we've done in a long time. That's how it happens...everything, all at once, all due right now!

We're getting ready for a visit from Pat Sloan next week. My obsessive/compulsive instincts are on high alert with all the details...we're going to film 2 podcasts, have our Eagle party, have a book signing event, and shoot photography for 2 different books next week. At the same time, I'm scheming to try to work in a way to bring Darcy-dog to work. I think she could pose as a "shop dog". She's too old to work for when we need professional dogs for real dog photography. Models with gray hair aren't in high demand. But really, what Pat wants, Pat should get, right? She's a V.I.P.!
So to get ready...we have to set up a podcast set in one studio, create another studio out of a conference room (a.k.a. moving out the collected highly important work stuff) for the photo shoot, iron out details with the shop for the signing, pull together door prizes, and set up "meetings". By "we", I mean basically that Lisa's doing most of the work stuff, Jean's keeping it organized, and eventually Frances and I will pitch in with some manual labor. I also contribute the "worry" portion that's needed. Best Group! Best Group! Best Group! I don't know what I'd do without them, and I get frightened if I think about it too long.

Here are a couple of "before" pictures.
The podcast studio-notice the multicolored walls and floor. You'll never know it when you see the podcast. It'll look like a cozy place, but it will still have funky walls and a concrete floor.
100_0491

The Photography Studio/Conference room and collection of highly important work stuff.
100_0492

No comments: