Thursday, January 18, 2007

Just a quick story today

I'm a little low on Diet Coke this morning to come up with a post with a picture, so we'll just have a little story today. Yesterday I left early to take Darcy to the vet and it was a traumatic experience for both of us. It really is a good thing I'm not a mommy to real children because having my dog's blood drawn made me teary. Anyway, she wasn't really talking to me when we got back in the car. When we get in the car, we go to the park. Anything else is unacceptable. So...as I do my very best to spoil her as I would any real children...we went to the park.

Lovely Mills Park, the site of my vacation this summer (there's a post to explain that). Unfortunately, it was about 25 degrees last night, at dark-thirty when I'm walking around the park in my new navy flats and dress pants. She's just as happy as can be in her fur coat. Since I was taking her in to get her cleared to take medication for arthritis, it was going to be a short walk because I didn't want to make her limp worse. We round the corner on the path in the almost deserted park and there is a dude and a dog. The dude is pretty scary...a ski mask and something that appears suspiciously like a large board in his hand. The dog is a German Shepard.

Apparently my brain was completely frozen because Darcy and I just kept on walking. Dude took his dog off the path around us. That happens to me a lot because Darcy looks a little scary. She's not, but she looks it. I was a little rattled, but now that I think about it, I think the dude's ski mask matched the dog's sweater. He was out in 25 degrees at dark-thirty walking a well-dressed dog. I was out in 25 degrees at dark thirty, over-dressed for the park and under-dressed for the weather, but walking a naked dog. Maybe I should have tried to get his phone number...

No comments: