Monday, March 26, 2007

Garter stitch overload


Here's a picture of my first baby afghan in progress. (NOTE to all the non-knitters: garter stitch is what you get if you knit, knit, knit, knit or purl, purl, purl, purl...no knit, purl, knit, purl. That's stockinette stitch. Somebody give me a pat on the head!)
I have my doubts about whether or not it will ever be finished. I thought I was making progress until I really looked at how big some of the remaining blocks are...and there's some kind of "intrasia" reference in the looming blocks. That can't be good. I guess we'll see if I make it to block 9. I started block 7 this weekend. This is a project from Mason Dixon Knitting and many people around me are doing the same project, but in different colors. Well, and better, too, probably, but it IS my first afghan. These shots are also a good example of the dangers of using flash.

No comments: