Thursday, March 29, 2007

Shopping spree results






On Saturday, I had the most excellent shopping day. To begin with, I left Benton around 7:00 to drive to Russellville (a little over an hour away) to watch Nephew #1 play baseball. Then I drove about 30 minutes back to Conway...and had a lovely, lovely time...just me and my credit card, with a couple appearances by friends Jean and Mary.

First was the yarn store, Bella Lana, the whole "reason" behind the spree. It's spring cleaning time so there was a SALE. I haven't ever been to Bella Lana but I really enjoyed the experience...nice yarn, nice people, nice prices, nice building with a bookstore next door and a kitty cat roaming the halls. It's also the site we used to shoot photography for all the Blossom Street books that we're doing with Debbie Macomber so you may see some shots of it soon. Here's my purchase there. It think this is how you'd describe it: Louisa Harding Kashmir DK in yummy pink, peach, and cream. I'm thinking baby afghan right now...well. make that someday. You can see a very little bit about Bella Lana at www.bellalana.com.
DSC_00010001

After Jean and I ate lunch, I pushed her out of my moving car and then sped over to Playtime Quilts, a shop owned by a former Leisure Arts-er who made good...Karla. I added some fat quarters to my stash and a very little yardage, thinking in the back of my head about this quilt that's coming up in our brand new iQuilt series (designed by another former Leisure Arts-er who is just great, just great!). I don't know that the quilt will ever happen, but those fat quarters have company, so they don't feel lonely.

Then I went to Stitcher's Garden to see if I needed any more cross stitch stuff. Turns out, I really did. I bought 3 patterns. Since I can't really remember the last time I cross stitched anything, much less finished anything, I have my doubts that we'll ever see those things completed. Here's a shot showing my haul for the whole day.
DSC_00280006

I missed out on the scrapbook store because I had to get back to Russellville to see the next game...against the Muckdogs. The Muckdogs eat very well and they grow them big in northwest Arkansas. Nephew #1 would have been the token runt on their team, but he towers over the rest of his own team. Needless to say, they didn't win, but that's just how it goes, right?

1 comment:

Regina said...

Love those fabrics - can't wait to see them in a finished project! They have a great funky retro look to them! This is why I cannot frequent quilt shops - too dangerous!!!

Knitting, AND quilting, AND cross stitch AND scrapbooking, AND photography - and you still have time to go to the baseball game! I am impressed!