Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Taking time off

DSC_01960003
I like this picture because it captures in a nutshell what I managed to do with 2 days off from work. (It was sort of a blue day, gloomy and overcast, when I took this photo, but I think it may be the electricity emanating from my hot luggage turning the photo blue.)
1. I cleaned. On Sunday, this bed covered by the Lone Star quilt and electric blue luggage was covered in paperwork. Papers. Everywhere. Mostly my mom's papers...insurance info, tax info, bills and some of my stuff (that I really don't know what to do with). Now it is all crammed into a box. Hidden away. And the luggage is stretching out on the bed.
2. I tried to get ready for a stupendous trip to Ireland...that is coming up next week...and I'm all set to hyperventilate at any moment. Here's the short story...I'm going on a trip with designer Pat Sloan (and a bunch of lucky quilters) to Ireland. I'll be taking the photos...for a book. So there's really no pressure (breathe in...and out). Unless I can find a guest blogger, this place will be silent next week, but look out when we get back!
3. I did also take some pictures by the zoo, but judging by the number of people who were also dropping off pictures, I'm almost certain I'm outclassed. There's always next year.
4. I tried to shop. I managed to spend too much money on blinds for my bedroom. And then I managed to hang them. By myself. This is an accomplishment. I have the patience of a gnat and was tempted to throw the blinds through the window more than once. But I didn't. And they're still up...2 days later. That's pretty good!
5. And I fretted about missing work. But I'm not nomal that way. And then nothing fell apart because I wasn't there. I guess that's good, right?

No comments: