Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

John 3:11-17
Jesus said:
11I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. 14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

DSC_00090002

I've been doing my very best to update my other blog with this kind of stuff, but Good Friday and Easter...I have to have a "faith" thing here. We don't do as much to celebrate this holy week in the Baptist church as other congregations do, but from Palm Sunday to Easter, we do focus on the suffering and celebration of Christ's resurrection. I did a post on the other blog about a news story saying that 75% of of people who would describe themselves as non-Christians do believe Christ was resurrected. I have a hard time understanding that, but here's what I know. I believe. I believe Jesus was resurrected. I believe he was here to die for me and then he was resurrected. I believe and I have hope because of it. I believe, I have hope, and my life is different because of it. We sang this song on Sunday and I heard it on the radio this morning coming in to work. Of course, when I read it, I can also hear the music...and that does add to the experience! Uh, the sky photo is just a bonus.

(Mary, I just realized these song lyrics are sort of like poetry. You have my permission to stop reading!)

My Savior My God
Artist: Aaron Shust
Album: Anything Worth Saying
Year: 2005
Title: My Savior My God

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at his right hand
Stands one who is my savior

I take him at his word and deed
Christ died to save me this I read
And in my heart I find a need
For him to be my savior

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, my God he is
My God he's always gonna be

Yes, living, dying; let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring
That he who lives to be my king
Once died to be my savior

No comments: