Thursday, September 13, 2007

I Heart Donuts



Do you ever have one of those days? You know, when all you really want is some comfort food? This morning I was racing to work, thinking about things and stuff that need to really be thought about, and I had to stop at a red light. I'm squeezing the wheel and revving the engine, ready to burn rubber away while anxiously watching the light. By some odd twist of karma, there's a donut shop in the center by this light. And because the weather is A-MA-ZING-LY good and my hair is as usual...not...I rode in with the windows rolled down. And the donut smell wafted in. I think it was the first time the entire trip into work that I was 100%, fully, wide-eyed awake. Then the light changed and I sped on into work. Without a donut. It's currently 4:00 p.m. I'm still thinking about that donut smell. There's a good reason donut shops close before noon. To save people like me. For some people, it's margaritas. For me...donuts.

This is a picture of a recent weather pixie. And I'm wearing the same outfit today! 77 degrees! Yes, I think I'll survive now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I WANT DONUTS too!!!!!