Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Quilt Festival booth plan



Since there's been a Quilt department at Leisure Arts, I've been traveling to Houston for Quilt Market. I really have lost track of time so I'm not even sure how long that is and it's all become a blur so there might be one fall market that I've missed. The end of October just means a trip to Houston, right? Only this time, I'm going to miss Market because we're going to have a booth at Festival. I've never been to Festival. I'm a little afraid. I have been to the AQS show at Paducah, so that's sort of what I'm picturing except with better lighting and no swimming pool. And crowds more akin to the Knit Out in Minneapolis. I should really find some vitamins. And take them.

Here's a behind-the-scenes look at how the booth gets planned around here. We have an area roughly the same size as our booth, our tradeshow coordinator pulls together models and product to plan...and then we make changes as we set up. I figure that's the universal trade show process.

No comments: