Friday, October 19, 2007

Working through the Stash. Nah.


It's a theme lately in the blogs I read and people I meet...too many WIP projects or UFOs or PIGs...whatever you prefer. I have that too. When I go home, I have to move yarn to find a seat. And I live alone. Perhaps it's because I live alone that I have to move a project to find a seat. All I know is I'm safe until I start taking up floor space. Then I'm going to have a problem with Darcy.

So I'm not going to do anything crazy like a poll to find out how many unfinished projects you have around or compare the sizes of our stashes. I have a better plan. This weekend, I'm just going to remove all but one project from my living room area. Whoever said it first...Out of Sight, Out of Mind...had it almost right. As long as it's out of sight, I don't mind how many projects I have going. And then I'm going to hang this sign on my office/craft room/yarn and fabric closet. Why stifle my creativity by limiting my projects that way? Besides that, I have a gift certificate almost literally burning a hole in my pocket to my local yarn store. I don't need anything, but what has that got to do with anything?

I think this project urge is natural because it begins early...both new knitters that started with the cap campaign already understand the importance of multiple needles. And they are passing the fever along too. I love it when a plan comes together...each one teach one and then totally enable them to collect as much yarn as possible and never finish anything unless they just really want to. Yeah. I like it.

No comments: