Monday, October 29, 2007

Shameless self-promotion


I've mentioned that I'm heading off to Quilt Festival for the first time. I'm starting to get a little excited about seeing what a crowd of quilters that size looks like. I imagine that excitement will soon be clouded by how loudly my feet complain...but that's OK. This is such a great opportunity to increase my blog numbers, right? A chance to talk to real consumers one-on-one. I really need a memorable promotion. Alas...I have no budget. To stir up some buzz, I was thinking about giving each current blog reader a dollar to come and see me. That makes me feel like such a rock star. Alas, I have no budget. I might actually need something like a spare $12 if I did that. I don't have $12 laying around. So, something free is the ticket...

Free...
So here's what I've come up with...I will take your photo and you will be my favorite friend of the day if you come and visit me in the Leisure Arts booth while we're in Houston. I will be there. Please come and visit me. Please? There...begging to sweeten the deal. Also Emilie Richards will be in our booth Thursday and Friday so there will actually be a star in the booth on those days. And if you aren't coming, but you know someone who is, send them on over, too. You can still be my favorite, I promise.

Now then, I just need something to reach the others, the non-readers. Alas, I have no budget. Think, think, think...

1 comment:

Regina said...

Wish I could get to Houston - it is a bit far from western NY...

Hope you have fun! Can't wait to hear the "after" stories!