Monday, January 07, 2008

Help please.


It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you. Right? I've been having those days lately. You know the kind. Where nothing seems to go correctly. In fact, I've had so many that they sort of string together to make a run of "those days" that I'm hoping to see the end of soon. It was, in fact, a no-good weekend.

Friday I managed to lose my cell phone, travel across town on errands, buy party mix for either a good price or made money on the transaction by convincing the person taking the cash that I had given her a $20 when she thought it was a $5 (and I still wouldn't stake my life on it), and tear up my house and car to find my cell phone (which was in Silent mode but if you turn all the lights out in the garage, you can still find it under the dashboard of your car because it lights up when it rings. You will not, however, understand how that cell phone made it out of your purse and way up under the dashboard in case you were wondering).

Saturday I stayed home most of the day. Nothing to go wrong. Right? At one point, I hurried to Best Buy in Little Rock (because I never do anything but hurry anymore), whipped my car into a parking spot and rammed my shoulder into the door to hit the ground running. And the door wouldn't open. I locked it, unlocked it, tried ramming again, locked, unlocked, pulled on the handle in a futile manner. I was locked in my car. At Best Buy. I was stumped for a minute. Then I remembered the window trouble that I'd had once before where I was locked out of my car. I rolled down the window. And opened the door. Like magic.

Made it home. Decided it was, in fact, time to tackle putting away all the Christmas stuff. Which meant unloading a closet. Turned my back for one minute and heard a stunning crash. On the bright side, there's less Christmas stuff to actually put away now. And then as I was lifting the trash bag of stuff from the crash, I moved exactly the wrong way apparently and ended up in the floor with a broken (or at least seriously bent-out-of-shape) back. As I don't have a "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up" system in place, I had plenty of time to rest in the floor and think about the day.

Sunday I hobbled to church. I don't know if that will help, but it certainly can't hurt, right? Today, if you need me, I'll be sitting under my desk, contemplating the hiding place of a certain check that I really need to find. At least I'm not locked out of my house.

No comments: