Friday, February 01, 2008

Breaker Breaker 1-9


Does anybody else do this? Yesterday I was slogging my way into work, running late, on the interstate and for some reason, the song from "Smokey and the Bandit" and all the trucker language I know runs through my head. Weird, right? Why do I even know that I'm in the rocking chair? And the land yacht in front of me would be the front door and the pickup truck on my bumper is the back door of this convoy. And I really, really wanted that guy in front to put the hammer down. But he didn't.

I can't remember my passwords but the words of "Eastbound and Down" by Jerry Reed...no problem. Apparently I should have learned my passwords when I was 4 years old. This is a sign of something. I'm just afraid to ask what it is.

And just in case you lack perfect recall of this song from Smokey & the Bandit, circa 1977 or 1978, here they are:

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
We gonna do what they say can't be done
We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
I'm east bound just watch ol' bandit run

Keep your foot hard on the pedal, son never mind them brakes
Let it all hang out cause we've got a run to make
The boys are thirsty in Atlanta, and there's beer in Texarkana
And we'll bring it back no matter what it takes

No comments: