Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day





I hope you remembered your green today. To celebrate, I thought I'd...haul out some Ireland pictures! Yay! You're so surprised, right? Maybe I'll go somewhere else someday. Until then, more Ireland. I don't know how many pictures of St. Patrick's cathedral in Dublin that I showed the first time around.
If you'd like to find out more about the history of the cathedral, you can go to www.stpatrickscathedral.ie.
A very few facts:
The building in its present form was re-built and re-dedicated in 1254. Dublin is unique in that it had 2 cathedrals, St. Patricks and Christ Church. The stone that covered the well where St. Patrick is said to have baptized has been moved inside the cathedral.
Oh, and
Tiles on the floors look a little like quilt blocks and if you show up at just the right time, you can hear the choir sing.

No comments: