Friday, April 25, 2008

Jennifer Chiaverini


This week Debra sent out a link that had been forwarded to her about where the Elm Creek Quilts series author Jennifer Chiaverini learned to quilt...Leisure Arts, of course. And then I went back to determine whether or not that book is still available. It is. That book, 1179 Teach Yourself to Quilt, original copyright of 1988...is still available. That is a really, really long life. Quilting has changed a lot in 20 years (this book doesn't use rotary cutters, rulers, or mats, has really good info on hand piecing, and no discussion at all of machine quilting), but that's an amazing performance for this book. Good job, Patricia Eaton. Good job, quilting.

Oh, and I'm posting early. Tomorrow we're off to Paducah for the AQS quilt show!!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Well, Cheryl, imagine this...I was just goofing around looking for neat things on the computer.....and I found this blog! And, how surprising....I read what you wrote about Teach Yourself to Quilt. Thank you so much for your kind words.....and those twenty years...well...seems only yesterday to me! Patricia Eaton