Tuesday, May 20, 2008


"If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"
Albert Einstein

I am currently overwhelmed by clutter. My desk at work is bad enough...one project stacked on top of another, a third dangling precariously over the round file. I'm kinda hoping that one just finally gives in and files itself. All with top priority. Of course.

And then there are the closets. I stand in my closet daily, hoping for inspiration. Obviously, there are many, many choices. But none of them are satisfactory...too tight, too loose, too old, no shoes to match, no top to match, no bottom to match, and no way I can stand to wear it all day long...how did those get in this closet? I'm thinking about starting a new trend by wearing whatever I manage to grab and yank out of the sea of hangers.

But this morning...the biggest problem...the kitchen cabinets and matching up plastic bottom to a plastic top to bring a dang salad to work. I would be happy with my Country Crock matching set of plastic containers, but that doesn't go with my professional image. Right? I resolved to throw it all out and start afresh. I just don't see another solution.

Wonder if I could do that with the garage too?

No comments: