Wednesday, July 09, 2008

This is a list I can work with...


Today AOL has a list of "10 books to read before you die" and it was created using a "popular opinion poll" of Netscape users. This is a list I can work with...my favorites are already there...Harry Potter, To Kill a Mockingbird, and the Holy Bible (what can I say? I have varied interests.) and I've read parts of the Lord of the Rings as well. If you add that I've actually seen the DaVinci Code movie, I'm halfway there. Movies count, right? OK, maybe not. The point is that I like this list. It's easy. My only hesitation is the Stephen King choice. The only big problem is...what about all the other ones...all the favorites that aren't on the list...Pride & Prejudice, Huckleberry Finn, Wuthering Heights, Little Women, Grapes of Wrath, and...so many others. Definitely, there must be more than 10.

1. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
2. Lord of the Rings by Tolkien
3. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
4. The Stand by Stephen King
5. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
6. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
7. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
8. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
9. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
10. The Holy Bible

Maybe I should just make up my own list...of course, then I've already read them so I'm ahead of the game. Maybe a list of books I want to read before I die?? That would be way more than 10...

3 comments:

SSK* said...

Can you invent a way to sew/quilt/knit/crochet while reading? Audio books could be good thing... :)

Mary in AR said...

I've read 5 of the 10, so I guess I am truly middle aged!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. 7 out of 10 of those are dreadful. Pee-eww.