Friday, August 22, 2008

A scary story from Thursday. Not really.

After work yesterday, I made a stop in at WalMart to pick up some Cherry Limeade stick packs to stir into my bottled water...my current drink of choice. It's an addiction. That's not the story. I was walking through the front door and there was a startling sign. It looked something like this:



But here's the really amazing part....when I saw it, I immediately thought...
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
The right stuff
First time was a great time
Second time was a blast
Third time I fell in love
Now I hope it lasts

(If you missed them the first time around, YouTube has many videos...but they aren't embed-able or I'm not smart enough to figure it out. Go ahead and check it out. I want you to be singing this song too. I hate to be alone.)

The scary part is how quickly the song came to me...from 25 years ago.

I really knew my NKOTB.
And I'm slightly creeped out that the thought of NKOTB redux.
If you go to YouTube, check out the video for Summertime, their new song. It showcases the "enhanced" acting abilities of each one. And sorta explains my creeped-outed-ness, I think. They probably should have remained a boy band.

Man band just seems wrong.

No comments: