Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A visitor





As I was walking through the house yesterday after I got home, raising the windows to let the lovely cool breeze in, I noticed this creature on the post outside my front door. As I fancied myself living in a reptile-free zone, I'm trying to convince myself that this lizard is a Texas visitor, courtesy of Ike. I don't like reptiles, lizard or otherwise, so I'm just hoping he's waiting for the waters to recede a little before he makes his way on home.

And just as an extra, the sky was just beautiful. Really, if you've ever wanted to visit Arkansas, now's the time. This week. Come on now. This weather isn't going to last forever.

1 comment:

Barb said...

If lizards are not for you, stay out of Florida. They are everywhere here. I do manage to keep them out of the house (most of the time) but they really aren't a problem. Love the pics of the clouds. Just beautiful.