Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why I am getting nothing done this week


Here's a true confession: If everyone else is doing something, I want to do it too. If everyone else is reading something, I want to read it too. If everyone else is talking about something, I want to know about it too. So that's how the Twilight Saga (note to self: never read anything ever again that has the word "saga" attached. it's just as melodramatic and angst-y as it sounds.) has taken over my life. Luckily I waited until the last book was out to start, but in the last 2 weeks I've read the entire saga, minus the last half of the last book. And finally, it's gotten to the point where I must read to finish. I stay up later than I should to read one more chapter. I mentioned in a meeting last week that I'd read Twilight and didn't get the appeal. It's not the vampires and werewolves. It's Bella. Just don't like her. In fact, at times, I have been so frustrated as to root for the vampires out to get her. But by book 4, I'm understanding why both Edward and Jacob have their own fan clubs. They both make pretty good heroes. I had hoped to have the last book to read in Houston while I'm traveling for Quilt Market this week. If I manage to shrug off all my other duties as I have for the past week, I think I'll finish the last book before I even pack my bags. So now I need to read something else that I should already know about...suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read the Twilight Saga as well and can attest to not getting anything done until all 4 books are read! Housework suffered dreadfully that week. Hope you were able to find another book to read!