Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Go. Vote. Do it.


“The vote is the most powerful instrument ever devised by man for breaking down injustice and destroying the terrible walls which imprison men because they are different from other men.” Lyndon B. Johnson

I was looking for some inspiring quote to encourage us all to go out and vote. I didn't find one, but I'm sure someone else will. I'll just say this: Go. Vote. When I was in 7th or 8th grade, I wrote an essay to enter into a contest about the Constitution. I think we had to pick an ammendment and say why it was important. My essay was on the right to vote. If I can find it, I'll post it as I'm sure there were some inspiring, naive, encouraging words there. Enough to win second place in my city and tape a commercial that ran on one of the local t.v. stations. What can I say? I was wordy even then. Whether you view it as a right or responsibility or both, go out and vote.

No comments: