Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A change of plans

I had planned to accomplish great things with my extra long weekend: Christmas shopping, Christmas cleaning, Christmas decorating. As I'm hosting the annual Christmas celebration again this year, I need to get started. Fretting over the turkey requires a solid week, so I have to make progress early. Quickly. Instead, I bought a garage door opener. And clearly, this sounds much easier than it is. And the thing's not even installed yet. As I am one of the lucky ones that actually parks in my garage, I'd like to get it done soon. I'm still hopeful.

And really, it's done now, so what's the big deal? I think any trip to Home Depot or Lowe's just instantly kills my mood. Now I want to eat something.

December 2 and I'm already at least a week behind schedule.

Gifts on hand or ordered: 3
Status of house: Wrecked
Status of decorations: Boxed
Status of food planning, purchasing, and cooking: not even on the radar yet
Status of garage door: still broken

But I have books. And ice cream. I think I'll go do that instead. I need to rest up before I go back to work tomorrow anyway. Right?

No comments: