Thursday, February 26, 2009

And then there were two

My feet...in my brand new pair of socks...on my desk at work, cleared a little just for the occasion. And when I actually hide all the yarn ends required to finish this second sock, they'll be even better, I'm sure. Apparently all my yarn needles are hiding with my work badge.

I learned some good things on these...I'm against cables on socks because adding in a cable needle on top of all the double points is just asking for trouble. Someone, namely me, could lose an eye.

And no matter how smoothly the yarn operates in the beginning, maybe I ought to spend the time to wind the yarn before I embark on a similar knitting journey because by the time I get to the end of the second sock, my nerves and patience are shot and yarn snarls are nearly the last straw.

And the third thing is that, while I don't normally sit with my feet on my desk at work, it does make it easier for others to admire my handmade socks.

And now I'm off the sock postings because it will be a while before I start any new socks (although I do have an amazing amount of sock yarn. How did that happen?). I'm thinking about sewing something. I have no idea what. Or maybe an afghan this time. Or maybe some cross stitch.

Probably all of the above. Maybe that's why it takes me so long to finish things.

No comments: