Thursday, April 30, 2009

The photo that was never meant to be


So the first time I took a photo, the memory card ate it. When I went to find the super-professional shot I had taken, I saw the view from a Dublin hotel room. That's just wrong on so many levels. I did, in fact, take shots out the window from a Dublin hotel room. I'd like to do it again. All over again. I don't want to see those pictures unexpectedly. Stupid memory card.

And then Mrs. SJ brought the bag back to work and offered to let me take another photo. So I took my phone over, my phone that has never let me down and takes passingly acceptable shots every time. This time...blur. But that's just fine. The proof is here anyway. I can sew. This, too, must be somewhat like riding a bicycle because I haven't practiced this in a while. I decided that all my gifts are coming from my stash this year. That doesn't really narrow things down because I have several stashes to work with, but this is also the second gift of the year that I actually had made to give (really close to) on time. Things might be looking up!

Oh, and the tote pattern is modified from Pat's tote for the sewing class at www.icantbelieveim.com.

No comments: