Monday, May 04, 2009

Crochet Soiree

So the one thing you can count on around here at Leisure Arts is that there's always something new in the works. Whether it's a new Christmas book or a new quilt book or online classes or a technique you can't spell much less operate or...whatever is percolating that I don't know about yet, there's something new coming.

Today you can go and check out something that's been cooking for some time now. All this week, Crochet Soiree
is having a grand opening. Today, for instance, you can watch a video tour of the site as well as meet designers Tamara Gonzales and The Crochet Dude Drew Emborsky via video. (Of course, I am lucky enough to go to grand quilting events in Houston where I met both Tamara and Drew at Quilt Market. To which, they both respond "Uh, who?" but that's OK. There are so many movers and shakers there it's perfectly understandable that I might be a little less...mover? I think I have shaker down.)

And there's a contest which I have not inspected much since I'm fairly sure I can't win but it's called the Dance Card and requires entries for every day. Fun, right? Crochet Soiree is a community site with lots of places to interact with other crocheters. Tamara will also be blogging. I think the plan is to have new designers via video every day this week, so come back to see more of your favorites.

No comments: