Sunday, May 10, 2009

The room



To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
Thomas A. Edison

Apparently, I am ready to invent at just any moment. I'm traveling next week so that means cleaning my house. I'm not always sure why they two are linked, but this time I was sure. My house needed some attention.

I live alone, unless you count Darcy. And I do, but I can't blame much of the mess (other than the rolling tumbleweeds of dog hair) on her. It's all me. And my hobbies. Run amok. So I worked on cleaning up so that my house/dog visitor/sitter won't be lost forever. Darcy knows the way around. And I did pretty well. I still have some laundry and a final sweep of the living/kitchen combo before I go.

And then there's this room. I have basically two junk rooms. One I work in, so it has to be less junked. I have a problem with clutter. Unless it's hidden behind a closed door. Then clutter bothers me not at all.

I had grand plans to attack this room too. I pooped out before I did, so I'm going to shut the door as a friendly warning. And as I'm writing this, I'm reminded of MJ's post on how little space she has that she has to store her vodka in the freezer. Now I live in dread of downsizing to that extent because I currently enjoy a bedroom, an "office"/hobby room, and a hobby room/junk room. Not because of my vodka storage problems. I don't own any and until they sell it somewhere besides liquor stores, I won't. I need those doors to shut. To be fair, my attic is empty so, assuming I had someone to put things up there for me (because I also do not go in attics), I could make room if I had to. But don't even get me started on the garage.

No comments: