Friday, July 31, 2009

iPod saves lives





So...the way things sometimes do, my travel plans changed some...changed a lot on this trip and I made it home on Thursday. My good intentions to post while I was away were shot down by my inability to conquer my connectivity issues. And it's just as well. I didn't manage to get any photos of the booth, or the inside of the tradeshow. I think by the time I made it to where the action was happening, my brain was cooked. So...here are the pictures I managed to take.

They are
1. The world's most comfortable beds.
2. The view from my window. I thought "Oh, how cute, the wittle duckies are wearing wittle hard hats" until I actually heard the construction actually taking place outside my window. Not quite as cute then.
3. The television in the bathroom.
4. The actual ducks. I've never stayed in a Peabody. The ducks lightened my mood. A day of traveling that begins in the wee, wee hours of the morning and ends in the Florida heat requires a mood-lightener. Those ducks worked.

I'm going to make it a policy to only stay at hotels with creatures swimming in the lobby fountain. And to refuse to travel in the months of June, July, and August because the airplanes and airports are filthy with child-types this time of year, particularly going to Orlando. And me, two days of tradeshow and travel, extreme hotness, a screechy 7-year-old crammed in the seat behind me, and a mommy who's happy to just let Precious go for all of us to enjoy...it's not a good combination. This is when the iPod saved her life. I may have permanent hearing damage from the volume, but the fact that I'm still a free woman and Precious lives can be attributed to the fact that I have an iPod. As soon as we could use approved electronic devices, I totally did. My battery died in the St. Louis airport and I began to worry, but the next flight had a beautiful service dog, a sweet-faced black lab, that talked me down from my impending psychotic episode. It was a very good thing.

I'm glad to be home. I make the best traveler, don't I?
You didn't know I was such a kind, patient, forbearing, benevolent person, did you? You could probably tell.

No comments: