Monday, August 24, 2009

Shotgun

The other road trip I managed to take over the weekend led to Mills Park, our favorite vacation destination in Bryant. As Darcy hasn't had much chance to visit lately, everything needed a good inspection, a thorough sniffing. Every. Thing. Until we hit the uphill portion of our jaunt. That part she was happy to just run right through. I wanted her to sniff, she wanted to skedaddle up the hill. We have this conversation every time. It sounds like this "Darcy....slow....down...huff....huff...huff."
Then in a slightly peeved tone:
"Darcy..slow..down..huff..huff."
Then I just give up and concentrate on breathing.
I couldn't figure out why I was sore this morning and now I remember. And I am frightened by my out-of-shapeness. But not enough to do anything about it yet.


These car pictures are after the walk and after I managed to get her out of the driver's seat. I think she thinks I drive too slowly to get back to the water and Milkbone setup in the kitchen. Still, she looks pretty happy, right?



No comments: