Friday, August 28, 2009

Thank you, Canada


Ever notice how much easier it is to be optimistic when the weather cooperates? Maybe that's just me.

This is the weather forecast for Benton. (And if you aren't from around here, maybe you're lucky enough to be coastal, you might not see a high of 80...at the end of August...as a relief. Three questions: where do you live? How much is the rent? And how do you feel about dogs?)

Bless you, Canadian cold front.

I despaired yesterday as I paid my electric bill. I now have a love/hate relationship with my air conditioning unit, but I cannot live without it...except maybe this week.

Forecasts like these make me think I've survived another Arkansas summer. Then the next week comes along with a cruel reminder that the summers here are long. And hot. Still, the hint that the 60s are coming is enough for hope.

Happy Friday! I'm going to stay home and try to avoid maiming myself further. It's just safer that way. I want to be in top lounging form for Labor Day and my looming vacation.

No comments: