Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cloudy with a chance of rain




After another hot, sunny day yesterday, I woke up today to clouds and cool breezes. And that makes trotting after Darcy so much better! Every morning we go down here to the edge of the lake and she looks longingly over the edge like she wants to do nothing more than leap. As I don't do murky water and the only way to get her out again would be through my involvement, I convince her every morning not to jump. But I can see it in her face. I walk her back over to the boat ramp and let her dip her head in to her heart's content. But it just isn't the same. I can see that on her face too.
Compromise. Dogs just don't understand.
On a related note...know where I can get a spare $150,000? There's a pretty little 2 bedroom bungalow here for sale and Darcy's already claimed the best spots so I'm pretty sure we could be happy here. It's 2 levels so I'd have to determine which one she lived on and visit her there, but I'm pretty sure she'd be OK with that as long as the Milkbones also lived on that level.

No comments: